Spring to Winter is always an active time for leasing inquiries and it is not unusual for us to receive several a week. Recent tenants have moved from SouthMarke as their expanding businesses resulted in the need for space larger than what SouthMarke could accommodate. SouthMarke accepts only new singular concept businesses that won’t conflict with any of our existing shops merchandise. We are looking for new and unique businesses that are under represented in the Blowing Rock area.It is not SouthMarke’s policy to just say, “Sign on the bottom line…” and hope for the best. We enter a partnership with our tenants and it is in our mutual best interests that they are happy and do well. SouthMarke has maintained a 90% occupancy rate since its opening in May 1992 with an average tenant duration of 7 years.
Currently, all spaces in SouthMarke are leased for 2023.
Year Round Units — General Information
Our research has confirmed that our rental fees are competitive with other Main Street, Blowing Rock rental properties. Rental information on a specific unit will be shared with serious inquiries after a personal conversation.
There is no monthly CAM (common area maintenance – similar to a Home Owners Association fee).
Building & Property Insurance, Real Estate Taxes and General Maintenance are included in lease payment.
Fees additional to the base rent include:
- Monthly Co-operative Advertising Fee
- Spring Maintenance/Landscaping Assessment (due in April)
- Holiday Decorating Assessment (due in November)
- Tenant’s individual signage per SouthMarke’s specifications is at tenant’s expense as is their own liability and contents insurance.
Pavilions — General Information
Beginning December 1st of each year, existing pavilions have first right of refusal on lease renewal. To inquire about pavilion leasing, please contact us after January 1st.
- There are six seasonal pavilions to feature specialty merchandise on SouthMarke property. One of these is dedicated exclusively and by zoning permit to Food service.
- Pavilions are open during high season, May through October allowing operators to maximize on highest selling season with no winter responsibilities or rent.
- Leases are for the entire six month season. No monthly rentals are available.
Basic information on our center and its leasing policies is as follows:
- SouthMarke accepts only new singular concept businesses that won’t conflict with any of our existing shops merchandise. We are looking for new and unique businesses that are under represented in the Blowing Rock area.
- All year round units are under minimum of three year leases which generally begin and end in Spring.
- Main, all year units are 1,000 Sq. feet (the tower units are about 85 sq. feet larger) Footprint dimensions are: 24’ wide by 42’ in length. Ceilings are 10’ high. All units have high efficiency HVAC, thermal windows, a private restroom facility within their space, rear doors and a reserved on premise parking space.
- Leases mandate minimum operation hours & schedules. Although they change slightly to follow shifting seasonal traffic patterns, they generally operate 10:00 AM- to 6:00 Pm, Monday through Saturday and Sundays 1:00 PM -5:00 PM.
- January through March, stores may opt to close Tuesdays and/or Wednesdays.